Here’s everything you need to know before you embark on your balloon adventure. If you still have questions, please ask.
Your balloon adventure will take approximately 3 hours and includes balloon setup, flight, pack up and return trip to the launch field. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time so that you can really enjoy the experience. There are no restroom facilities on board hot air balloons or at our launch site. Please plan ahead for your comfort.
You will be met by your pilot and crew at the launch site, given a passenger briefing and be asked to sign a waiver. (Minors will need to have a parent or guardian sign for them.) You may view and sign the waiver in advance, just make sure to bring it with you on the day of your flight.
The pilot and crew will set up and prepare the balloon for launch. You may be as involved in the setup and inflation process as you want. Be sure to let us know if you want to help out!
Balloon flights are spectacular and extremely smooth. The sensation of lift off has been likened to the ground dropping away at your feet. Before leaving the ground the pilot will give you a briefing. It is important that you listen carefully and follow your pilot’s instructions. The duration of the flight will vary based on weather conditions, but flights typically last 45 minutes to an hour.
Prior to landing it is particularly important that you are prepared and know what to expect. Be advised that when the balloon lands it is normal to experience a bump or series of bumps as the basket touches the ground. It is sometimes possible to experience some dragging of the basket while tipped on its side should the winds pick up. If you have a physical or psychological condition that would interfere with the safety of your ride or landing, you are advised not to take a balloon ride. If you have a question regarding a medical concern, please let us know.
Once the balloon is packed up, we will ride back to the launch site in the chase vehicle and enjoy a post-flight champagne toast.
All Passengers Must:
- Be able to get in and out of the balloon basket under his/her own power and be able to stand throughout the duration of the flight.
- Be able to communicate with and receive instructions from the pilot.
- Be able to hold onto the basket and bend knees to absorb any impact on landing.
- Be able to withstand the basket tipping over and dragging along the ground and the likelihood of other passengers bumping into or landing on top of them during landing.
- Be able to walk back to the retrieval vehicle after landing.
- Be a minimum of ten (10) years of age and tall enough to see out of basket.
- Be in good physical condition and general deportment (i.e. no recent surgeries – not pregnant – no known communicable diseases – no skeletal injuries or fractures – no physical impairments of any kind, include intoxication, which would place him/herself and the other occupants of the balloon in danger of injury).
The pilot reserves the right to decline to accept any passengers should such persons health, age, physical condition or general deportment impede the operation and safety of those participating in a flight.
What to Wear:
Dress in comfortable clothing according to the outside temperature. Please wear closed toed shoes. Do not wear sandals or flip flops of any kind. Keep in mind that on morning flights there is always dew on the ground, so footwear that will keep your feet dry is important. Short skirts and dresses are not appropriate. Cotton fabrics are preferable to synthetics. Avoid clothing with hanging strings as they may get caught on the basket on entry or exit.
What to Bring:
It is suggested that you bring as little as possible due to space limitations in the basket. Ladies will have to hold onto their purses if taken aboard. Cameras are highly recommended, but must held throughout the flight. Large video equipment is not practical and you are discouraged from bringing it. Small video cameras work better. The pilot and crew are not responsible for any personal belongings brought along on a balloon ride. Should you have large bags or additional items that you would like us to store in the chase vehicle during flight, we are happy to do that.
Our goal is for you to have a safe and enjoyable flight. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know!